Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Boots, Sunshine, and Issues!!

Hello, hello. Its rumbling with thunder outside - hoping it'll let loose and pour the rain.  Before the skies went gray around here it was chores as usual out in the hot, hot day.  I thought I'd do something I'd been meaning to for a bit  - play with my iPhone and take pictures of my new cowboygirl boots!

This isn't the best shot of the actual boots but I wanted pictures with them on - I've got others that show the boots better but they also show more of my legs then I care to share here...unless I do a LO.....then all is fair game, right? LOL.

 I've wanted a pair for a long time - these seemed to be made just for me - my love got them for me and I've had them for weeks.  They fit perfectly, are great for wearing to do chores, and I can't get enough of wearing them!!  These boots bring a ton of sunshine to my day - and if you've been hanging around here for any amount of time you probably figured out I lurve me some sunshine!

Like this:

I was inspired by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer to create my own stamps - I'd all the tools/supplies needed so when I saw her post some of her designs and tips I got to it - I also tapped the shoulders of some friends at SNR and asked for their help as well - the result was days and days filled with carving - seriously addicting thinking of and carving out designs - lots of trial and error -  this is one of my very favorites!

 or simply using sunshiny colors  - a couple pumps of the mist bottle bring me delight:

ScrapFX has come out with an amazing line of plastic stencils but the chipboard pieces also can make great stencils and masks!  Here I sprayed two shades of Dylusions over the chipboard and finished with some quick shots of Perfect Pearls mist - so sparkly up close

This is my happy color - a combo of yellows and golds -  when I've got a happy color going on I can create all day long-  add in some washi tape and I'm officially blissful!

I used Simple Stories Summer Fresh on this card - really likin' this line - first time using Simple Stories - the cloud washi is from Gauche Alchemy and is mixed with Smash tape and some from Target - used one of my new stamps I ordered from Paper Issues (<-- great deals here peeps on the latest and greatest) for the sentiment and had fun adding some quick doodles and splatters

I created this card for the Texas Crop at MSW.  Sixteen of the girls just spent the weekend together and had a blast - I wish I could've gone but it wasn't in my cards - anyhoo those of us that stayed back have some fun challenges to participate in.  The challenge I met was the TX challenge - use something big on a card, ATC, or tag - here's to hoping those big ol' butterflies fit the bill.  I am soo making them again and I am soo linking this card up at Paper Issues because I have issues!!!  
Really fun to find a couple sweet comments letting me know two projects (here and here) were featured on the Paper Issues blog and having new visitors swing by!   Thanks for featuring me Cassie and to the Gauche girls that popped by!  Welcome to those following along now - great to have you here!

Love the cool effects you get when using Instagram - I post a lot of in process pictures there as its fun to keep my own little log of stuff important to me  - there are other crafty peeps there too and its really neat to see what they're up to as well!  Next up ordering prints from online.  I have some really amazing shots of daily life stuff and I'm thinking the real deal is in order for some of them - don't get me wrong I love printing at home but processed prints hold up to more mediums and I say bring on the goop! If you'd like to follow along with me on Instagram my handle? (is that what you call it??) is kndr2tch.
The issue this week is washi tape and goodness I've got that issue covered well! LOL

Thanks for stopping by and take care!


1 comment:

  1. beyond awesome!!!! As always, you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!