Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Neon!! + ScrapFX = FUN!!

Hey Friends!  I've been immersed in so many projects - its wonderful!  My table has been messed up and cleaned up numerous times today - so can't keep plowing through a mess - what about you?  Do you clean up after each project? Plow through?  Clean as you go??....gasp! (<---I've tried this one and it doesn't work well for me - I'm a go with the flow, pull everything you own out, kind of girl - yep, that's me!)

One of my favorite projects to work on was for Michelle's Neon Challenge being held on Yvonne Yam's blogMichelle has wonderful posts about her love of neon - you should totally check them out - and I have to say I've got a soft spot in my heart for the stuff as well - I loved getting decked out in all my gear when I was a tween - although I wasn't called a tween - we didn't have that label way back then - as my kids would say - for me, its like yesterday because everywhere I go in stores I see it!

Not entirely pleased with my neon selection I ran to the store - scored some terrifically fun neon gel crayons (Crayola) - colored through circle stencil (Crafter's Workshop) to create first layer - these crayons are COOL! - they glided across the cardstock like butter - left cool chunky rings around the edges - stenciled again using black ink to create arrows - this was cumbersome - worth it - but cumbersome!!! -  the black tag is from ScrapFX - more on those in a different post because I REALLY like them!
My daughter is all all over the neon craze right now - I was informed its very fashionable right now - she about dropped her jaw when I said I used to wear stuff that pretty much looked just like what she wants - oh the horror!!!! - Nah, its all good, baby girl says I look cute in ev'rything - she's the sweetest girl in the world!!!

Do you see that title??!!  Oh how it sparkles and shines - photos just don't do it justice - that's a ScrapFX wordlet chippie!!  Keep your eyes peeled on the ScrapFX blog this month because I'll be posting a quick and easy tutorial on how to create this look - there are even tiny confetti star pieces on it!!  Do you spy the other ScrapFX tag I used?? - the circle edge - love!
It felt good to knock out another LO from our Disney trip in 2006 - the album will be done in true freestyle/eclectic fashion - just the way I like it - ready for the full page?

So while I was at the Do More With Less blog checking out the neon challenge, I read post after post - Yvonne has an amazing amount of tips and beautiful projects to share - one tip I used and will be adding to my arsenal was using bubble wrap as a layer - I use it all the time to stamp - why hadn't I thought about layering it???! - Thanks Yvonne!!  Such a happy person I was - this totally toned down my background enough to let the rest of the layers shine! - And of course thanks Michelle for the super fun challenge!
I'll let you all know when my ScrapFX post with the tutorial goes live - in the meantime go leave my fellow teamies love - they are knockin' it outta the park!!!



7 comments:

  1. You are really rocking those neon colours! Love the fun circular action on chevron...totally on trend! And love the way you did your journaling!

    Thanks for playing along with my guest Michelle's challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE.SOME!!!! I LOVE the chevron stenciling!!! It must have been time consuming indeed but the final look is SO ROCK AND ROLL!!! I also love the woodgrain tape star- how beautiful is that? I wish Hambly sold the rolls in longer individual lengths- I would have bought that one in multiples! GREAT idea to layer using bubble wrap and I LOVE how you treated the title!!!! I think this deserves a write up over at the Scrap FX blog! So many wonderful details- I'm really impressed and inspired to go try that crayon thing- really cool. THANK YOU for bringing some wild to the neon challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I forgot to add that yes I have huge problems with clean up after a string of projects- my mess just gets higher and higher because I just set aside till the papers and tools fall over in one huge avalanche. When I hit a streak it's better to keep creating than pause to clean (even if I do find missing scissors, needles and rulers!) And I really loved reading about you and your daughter- it totally gives me something to look forward to with mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so urban and fabulous- love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun page Scarlett! I'm loving the neon. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You all make me feel like I should be scrapping neon more often, LOL! Thank you for all the wonderful comments - brought lots of sunshine to my day. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!