Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Plain Crazy

It makes me feel old every time I think how quickly time goes by. Do you know what I mean? Like when I was younger I listened to 'older' people say this all the time, "time goes by so fast." Me, being the youngster, thought time couldn't go quickly enough (mind you I was a rather awkward teen, LOL). Anyways, it's plain crazy to me we're already into October, where did the year go? It's plain crazy to me my son is going on his first real date this coming Friday. What happened to this mama being the only gal he needed? It's plain crazy to me my daughter has almost the same size foot as me and can share some of my clothes. What does she think is going to happen when I find out she snuck some of my clothes out of the dryer into her room (oh yeah, it's bad. LMBO)? Time goes by....quicker than we think.....I blinked and all this stuff happened, plain crazy I tell ya'. What's plain crazy in your world these days? Do share.... I need to know I'm not the only one. ;0)

Alrighty, so the theme of this post is plain crazy. Let's see what projects I have stashed away to share that might fit the bill.

Oh the Things You Can Think


This was a totally fun ATC to make. I started with a shredded paper base and built up with an image transfer, staples, beads, mini confetti, and text. The image is from Graphic 45s Steampunk collection; I love how well patterned paper works for transfers.

Seek It Out


This is a quirky lil' canvas I made. If I remember correctly it's 5x5, by I'm not completely sure on that. I had a great time mixing bold colors and patterns. I'm also pretty pleased with all the scraps I've been using up on canvases like this one. Does my heart good knowing I saved ALL those snibbles for good reason, ROFL.

BBQ at Claw's



I created this LO on a paper bag. I covered it with some geso first and then went to town layering paints, papers, stamps, ink.... you name it and it's probably on there somewhere. What I think is cool is how there's a lot of dimension to this LO, but not a lot of bulk. Very new concept for me, LOL. I even used machine stitching!!!!...... also very new to me.

So there you go some crazy projects and info from me for today. All the above projects were previously published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. Have you been to the site lately? There are new events live and ready for your viewing pleasure. Serendipity stamps, Technique Tuesday, and Jenni Bowlin are all going strong and loaded with tutorials, classes, and inspiration.

I've got some stuff posted for Jenni Bowlin, including a tutorial on how to layer papers, mediums, and textures. Go check it out; I think you'll like it.... at least I hope you do.

Hope the day treats you well, it is what we make of it, right? It's supposed to be gorgeous here today so I'm going to make sure I enjoy it while I can....I'll be doing chores, but at least it'll be warm and sunny.
~Scarlett




2 comments:

  1. I just love your style, gf! Miss you at MSW...
    Thanks for visiting my blog... Time does go way to fast, the older I get, the faster it goes. Hugs and hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me to no end! I love your use of color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!