Monday, March 28, 2011

Some People I Love

Happy Monday! I am a bit thrown off, I can't center my post text, LOL! Not sure what's up with Blogger, but the option isn't here so on we go.

I totally didn't get as many posts done as I had hoped to since the last time, but I am creating up a storm all the time and will be content to share when I can.

I have some LOs today featuring pictures of me and some people who have a special place in my heart. These were both done for the January issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. Speaking of the mag, I'll have some news to share about that at the end of the post.

For now, on to the LOs!

First up is a LO using a picture of me and my bio Grandpa. I just met him for this first time this past Fall and it was a really tremendous experience.

He's Been Waiting For Me



The call for this LO was to use only patterned paper. I had such a great time combining Echo Park, Crate Paper, and even a bit of Sass Lass to create this. Lots of fussy cutting went into this page, right along with a heapin' load of pop dots.


I love this little girl from Sass Lass. She was perfect for this page. The flower centers have a bit of puffy paint added to them. I have so much puffy paint it's ridiculous!


Title work. Love that deer!


Isn't my grandpa adorable? He has the softest skin ever and one of the kindest hearts.

This next LO was based off one of the SNR sketches for staffers to use and I decided to play with some paints on this one.

Always in my Heart


This is a LO of me and one of my past students. She stayed with our family for some time during her 8th grade year and my love for her just grew even more. She will always be close to my heart and I will ever think of her as a daughter.

I used some Ranger and Claudine paints, along with some Liquitex Fluid Acrylic Inks.
I used Jillibean Soup and October Afternoon goodies on this page. I love that I used all scraps and odds and ends of stuff.


These artisan elements by Pink Paislee are a fav of mine. At the moment I am pretty selective about what projects I use them on. I am enjoying hoarding them, LOL! I added some alcohol inks to it.

I am so glad I was finally able to share these with you! I also said I would share some exciting news about Scrapbook News and Review magazine with you. The big news is now you can enjoy issues 2x per month! Yep, you read that right. You pay one low monthly charge of 4.99 and you get 2 additions. The first issue is primarily eye candy and articles, the second is jam packed with tutorials and more articles. You don't want to miss it so be sure to get your subscription today!



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic layouts Scarlett! Love all the fussy cutting in the Waiting for Me layout (I'm working with that EP line and fussy cutting those flowers for Ann's challenge at MSW and your frame on the Always In My Heart layout is gorgoeus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful LO's! Great use of the pp's!

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!