Sunday, December 5, 2010

Make a Difference This Season

Happy Monday blog friends! This time of year always brings such joy to my heart. I love all the sights, hearing the Christmas songs, and gearing up to celebrate our Savior's birthday. I feel really blessed as I have a home that's nice and warm, food to go in the bellies of all living here, health could be better but could be oh so much worse as well, so I am just really blessed. Then I stop to think of those who may not have a home this year that's warm, or are lacking in the food department, and are struggling to deal with getting healthy and it makes me want to do what I can to help brighten days of those around me or not so close to me. So when my friend Niki from MSW posted an address to send cards to, I knew I was going to do it! What about you?

Here's all the information you need to send a card to a recovering soldier:

Take one Christmas card, just one will make a difference, and send it to A Recovering American Soldier, c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20307-5001
These brave men and women have given the ultimate sacrifice so you and I can enjoy all that we do each and everyday. They are recovering from protecting us and making this a great country to live in, so please take some time this year and address one card to a recovering American soldier. Think of the joy they will receive when stuck in a hospital bed this season. I know I am going to do at least one, what about you?

And I am pretty sure I am going to start with this ornament card I created for A Walk Down Memory Lane's 12 Days of Christmas and it is also my monthly card challenge at My Sketch World.

This is a card that can be transformed into an ornament for a tree. I wanted to do this because there are so many times people throw out things made for them because they just don't know what to do with it after displaying it for awhile, so I thought making a card that could double as an ornament would be great! I like that whoever gets my card could keep it for as long as they like and hang it up wherever they could find a spot in their room.

If you want to see the inside details you could head over to the A Walk Down Memory Lane DT blog to see them there. It's so easy, why wouldn't you try it on out! Let me know if you do and be sure to go to My Sketch World and load it on up in my challenge thread and the gallery. You will be entered to win a fabulous prize Lucy is offering this month.

Well that's it for now. Hope you have a really delightful day and remember you can make a difference daily somehow as long as you are willing to find the way.

God's Blessings to you and yours.
Scarlett



1 comment:

  1. Scarlett...you are such a kind hearted person!! I love your card that doubles as an ornament. What a brilliant idea! Your design is fab and the colors so festive. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!