Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Peanut!!!!

It's a HAPPY day around my house today, well kinda, my DD, Whitney, turns 10 today!!! Happy for her, tough for me. I just can't believe double digits came soo quickly for her!! The official time being 2:46 P.M. We had to celebrate yesterday since DH has to work late tonight out of town. Thank goodness the hospital released me for this!! We had her brand new bike and card all set up for her arrival home yesterday after school!

Here are some pictures of her finding her surprise:



A look of shocked surprise.... she truly had no idea this was coming, especially with me being sick.



Her, "Aaaawww, you guys!!!" look.




Great big hugs for Daddy!!!! He did good! :0)



Reading her birthday card I quickly put together in 20 minutes before she got home!!! Yikes, that was pushin' it!!! Thank goodness for fab sketches and the fact I was thinking about the card I wanted to make the entire time I was getting my last IV!!! LOL!



The soon to be birthday girl with her new bike!!!

She absolutely loves it and took it out for a spin before we went to Culver's for dinner.

Here's a picture of the card I made for DD. I created it using 365 Cards Day 351 - Super Sketchy Sunday! the sketch is yummy and if you like sketches you should head on over there this week. All teh designers are posting sketches for the challenges!! There is also a DT call going on there too!



My DD LOVES dimensional flowers and was soo excited to see this one on her card!! She said, "Gasp.... Mama, you made me a rose! I've been wanting one of those!" Well, I guess you could call this a type of rose like flower!!! LOL! I'm just super happy she loved her card.... this is one of her favorite lines since she loves animals!

I also let another Happy card pass since I was out of commission completely yesterday. Let's Scrap has a new card sketch up for your inspiration!! Kimmy does such a great job creating unique and fun sketches!! This one is no exception. Here's the happy February card I created.... see I told you it was a happy day!!

Happy




I used October Afternoon papers and bellies, along with Foof-a-La and Jenni Bowlin buttons, and AdornIt letters.

Different Angle:



Hope you head on over to Let's Scrap!! There is a fantastic sponsor with an even yummier prize pack awaiting you there!

4 comments:

  1. Scarlett,
    That is one beautiful little girl you have there...or big girl! As a mother of a 10yr old girl going on 11 this year I totally understand the "shock" theory! lol I love the card you made for her, and the card you made for let's scrap this week...both are just beautiful! Here's to happy days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gf. Haven't seen you on the mb's lately! Hope everything is okay!! Love your stuff and tell Whitney I hope she had the best birthday ever!!! Let us know you're okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Whitney!!!

    I know you're so happy that you got to come home for Whitney's birthday! You hurry up and get to feeling better, Scarlett - I miss your sweet face!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful pictures of your sweet girl and her new bike! I love the gorgeous card you created for her - that came together in 20 minutes?? All I can say is 'Wow'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!